Sunday, June 22, 2008

I'm Back

I know, I know I have not updated my blog in forever now but it's better late than never. It has taken me a while to post because about the time I posted last I started feeling really sick with pregnancy and after I had done all the things I had to do I didn't feel like blogging, I just wanted to take a nap. I am feeling a lot better now and have a for a couple of weeks but I was just out of the habit of blogging but hope to get back on track now. Since my last post I took my 2 boys (Steve was sick and stayed home) and went with my family to Arches national Park. I love that place. I didn't do a lot of hiking with being pregnant and feeling kind of sick but the boys loved it. Even Jett loved climbing on the rocks. He couldn't get enough of it. It was so cute. Raleigh loved being around his cousins and just having the freedom to run and play all day. We missed Steve while we were gone but over all we had a good time.

I got a new calling at church a couple of weeks ago. They must think I don't have enough to do or something. I already have the calling of activity days with the 8 & 9 year old girls and I am a permanant sub in the nursey until they find someone to help Steve (this has been since the end of March). I am not complaining or anything because I enjoy my callings but I never expected the next one. So I got called in to talk with a member of the bishopric. They ask me to be an assistant ward organist. Well that would be great if I knew how to play the organ. It is so different from the piano. So I tell them I don't know how to play the organ and he tells me, that's ok the current organist can teach you. Well I accepted the calling even though I was scared to death. This isn't exactly one of those callings that you can hide in. You can either play the organ or everyone in the ward is going to know just how bad you suck at it. Well today was my first official day to play the organ for sacrament meeting. I was nervous but I felt like the Lord definitely helped me out and made up for my short comings. I guess this is just a testimony that when you are called to do something the Lord will give you the strength and capability to do so. I also have to give a huge thanks to my awesome husband who gave so much support to me and so willingly sat with the kids by himself during sacrament meeting. He is the best and I love him so much. Anyway, I just wanted to voice my thoughts on this day a first of many Sunday's to come of playing the organ.

2 comments:

Alisa said...

Wow-
good luck with that calling-
I am sure you will be given the added talents to do this!
(this is Jay's wife Alisa-sorry to have not been able to see you last weekend!)

Mike said...

Boris,
Do you realize what you have just done.....you just signed up for an eternal calling. Every ward you visit for the rest of eternity will now call you as the ward organist. Congratulations; there are tougher callings out there. Plus, you are Vunderbar! (Look it up in German.)