Thursday, March 6, 2008

Update

JETT'S BIRTHDAY

Jett turned 1 on February 23rd. I can’t believe my baby is already a year old. It is crazy how time flies. Raleigh was so excited for Jett’s birthday that I pretty much let him plan the whole party. Especially since Jett won’t remember it anyway, why not let Raleigh have some fun. So we made a chocolate cake, hung balloons and streamers, or as Raleigh called them “lines”, invited family over, played games and had prizes for the winners. So here is how it all went down. Raleigh decided we were going to play Twister, Duck Duck Goose, and hide and seek. It was funny to watch personalities in adults come out in the games since there were only 3 kids there old enough to play. When it came time to open presents Jett could have cared less so Raleigh decided he was going to open the presents for him. He pretty much took over the toys as his too. After the presents it was time to have cake and ice cream. I was really excited to see what Jett would do but to my disappointment he didn’t like the ice cream, because it was too cold and he decided he didn’t like the feel of the cake on his hands so he just wanted someone to feed it to him. All in all I think we all had a good time though.
A present from Grandma Jolley.
"Happy Birthday to you"
Oh that looks cool, I want to touch it!
Tasting the cake to see if Mom's cooking skills are any good.

Mmmmm that was good.

Raleigh Counting

Grandma hiding

Grandpa scaring Raleigh

Our 2 favorite boys! (Raleigh with his favorite fake smile)

ZOO, BOUNCE HOUSE AND POOL

This last week has been a fun but busy one for us. On Wednesday we went to the Zoo’s free day with my sisters and Dad. I think sometimes we go to the zoo as much for the kids and we do for me. I love the zoo. I love to see the animals up close and watch the things they do. Even though it’s not like seeing them in the wild, it is still pretty cool. Then on Friday we went to the bounce house at classic skating. You might think that it is just for kids but me, Steve, Muffy, Raleigh and Jett all had a great time. As adults we made competitions out of a lot of it. And even though we came away with a few burns on our hands and arms I would do it again any day. Then Monday night for FHE we decided to go swimming. I had thought it was a great idea until we got there and there so many cars and we knew it was going to be crowded. We tried to talk Raleigh into doing something else instead but he didn’t want to do anything but swim. So we headed in to the pool. Raleigh amazed me with how brave he was. This may not sound like much to many of you but Raleigh has been terrified of water and especially getting water in his face but last night he was putting his face in the water, going down the slides and he wasn’t really afraid of anything. It was so fun to watch. Jett on the other hand was very nervous at first. He just clung to Steve and I and wouldn’t let go. He has always been better in the water than Raleigh so we just gave him some time to warm up to it all. It was so cute to watch him by the end as he was splashing and playing. He would even let us put his head in the water without screaming. He would just laugh as we swam around in the water chasing Raleigh. So it looks like there might be a lot of trips to the pool this summer with as much fun as it was last night.


Raleigh and I climbing the BIG slide.


This is a picture of the Nerdy goof I turn into whenever I am with my sister Marianne.


Jetty and Mommy

The fam exhausted and about ready to go home.

FUNNY QUOTES BY RALEIGH


“Mom, one day I want to be old like you and President Hinckley.”


Raleigh wrote a story one day and it said “And the Lord said that the good guys should kill the bad guys”


So Raleigh woke up one morning and told Muffy “Last night I was scared because the Lamanites were coming but I said a prayer to Heavenly Father to send Jesus to come be in my heart. So Jesus came and was in my heart and kept me safe.”

5 comments:

Carly said...

I can't believe Jett's a year! It feels like he was just born yesterday. And what a darling boy he's growing into. I love your cute family. We still need to get together soon!

Van Cott Family said...

Hey you guys look awesome and I love that you can still be goofy and play! I totally noticed you we wearing those pants we both bought at oldnavy that one time we went w/o our kids --remember?? that was fun. I still have mine but it looks like yours have lived a more exciting life then mine, maybe because i keep getting to fat to fit them with pregnancy ect. . . good times!
--Julie

Sarah said...

Looks like some fun family time! I say if you can act like a kid with your kids it's more fun, so why not? Happy belated birthday Jett! Your family is soo cute!

Mindy said...

"Old" is you and President Hinkley?
Whatever it takes to be categorized with President Hinkley I think I would be happy about!

Anonymous said...

mum you are hottttttttt I'd love to take off your jeans and knickers, spread your legs and use my tongue to drive you wild, bet your bum and p-ssy taste fantastic, you ever had your bum eaten ? I love sucking out girls bumholes