Thursday, April 3, 2008

How We Named Our Kids

My friend did this on her blog and I thought it was cool so I decided to copy it. Thanks for the idea Elena

I am the kind of person that thinks of names for our kids way in advance and then I run them by Steve and see what he thinks. If I hear a name that I like sometimes I will write it down so I won’t forget it. Most of the time Steve doesn’t like the names I come up with but somehow we eventually find one we agree on.
Raleigh Nathaniel Gardner. For the most part deciding on this name was easy. These were both family names on Steve’s side and we like the names. The difficult part came when Steve wanted to spell the name like his grandpa and I didn’t. His grandpa spelled it Rollie and I was afraid that if he was a chunky kid that people would tease him and call him Rollie Pollie. My solution was to still use the name but spell it different. Steve didn’t like the idea but I told him that unless we spelled it different we would have to find another name. He finally after much persuasion agreed to spell it my way although to this day he will often spell it his grandpa’s way.
Jett Jamison Gardner. This name was much harder for us. We must have spent hours trying to come up with just the right name. I had heard the name Jett from an old neighbor of our and liked it but didn’t think that Steve would go for it. When I suggested the name Steve said he kind of liked it but he wasn’t sold on it. So we continued to think of other names. Nothing seemed to fit. When we decided that his name would be Jett it only got harder from there because we could not come up with a middle name that we liked and thought sounded good. We tried to find a family name that we like with it but failed. We had talked about the name Jamison for a middle name because we thought it sounded good but we were not sold on the name. So we are at the hospital filling out the birth certificate and still did not have a middle name. So having found nothing else that we liked his name ended up being Jett Jamison Gardner.

1 comment:

Elena said...

If Jett Jamison was so hard, try naming 2 more boys!;) Your boys have great names.