Thursday, January 3, 2008

Day 2 - Magic Kingdom

Day 2 we headed back to the Magic Kingdom now that my brother Dave was here to go on some of the “big kid rides.” I have to say that my two nieces Megan, 7, and Emily, 4, are almost completely fearless. They went on every ride they were tall enough for. I was totally amazed at these brave little girls. The theme for this day was Deb loosing things and Raleigh being scared out of his mind.

We had brought a stroller for Raleigh and we had parked it in the stroller parking to go on a ride and when I came back out is was gone. Their was one that looked just like ours still there but ours was missing. To make a long story short I found a tag on the stroller that looked just like ours with a name and phone number on it. So I called the number not knowing if it was a cell number or not. I left a message and hoped they might call back. We went about doing our own thing and about 40 minutes later I got a phone call from a guy apologizing for taking the wrong stroller. That was item #1 lost and later found.



We decided to go to Splash Mountain. I knew this ride would scare Raleigh at the end with the big drop but I thought that he would enjoy it until then. Boy was I wrong. While we were standing in line Raleigh noticed the “Big Down” as he called it and started freaking out. We tried to reassure him that he was going to be fine but it didn’t really help. The entire time we were on the ride he was covering his head and whimpering. It was a huge mistake to take him on that ride because the rest of the time we were there any ride we would go on he would say “it doesn’t go fast and there’s no downs?” He was completely freaked out the whole time and I felt so bad.

Although there were a few rides he liked and we went on them a few times. Such as Small World, Buzz Light Year, Tea Cups, Carousel, the cars, and the peter pan ride.





So now on to item #2 lost that day. We decided to go on Space Mountian (one of my favs) and when we got off the ride you have to step onto a moving walk way to get out of the building. As we were exiting the building one of us mentioned that we should call Dave and see how he is doing with the kids not tall enough to ride. I reached into my pocket to get my phone and it was gone. I thought to myself “Oh crap!”

For anyone who doesn’t know Space Mountain it is a roller coaster in the dark and I knew my phone had fallen out of my pocket while on the ride. So Steve, Lori, Megan and I turned around and started running back down the moving walk way against many glaring faces to try and find my phone. Lucky for us my phone had stayed on the seat of the roller coaster and someone had noticed it before it had gone on the track again. Wow I felt extremely lucky to have my phone back because I really didn’t know if I would find it. That night the kids decided to go swimming. It wasn’t all that warm but I was told the pools were heated to I got in with kids. It was so cold that I wanted to get right back out. But I am glad that I didn’t. Raleigh has had a fear of swimming, so much that he would wear a life jacket and lay on top of a baby tube. I didn’t bring either one of those with us and Lori told me she had an extra pair of arm floaties. So I put those on Raleigh but he didn’t want to leave the stairs unless I was holding me and the most of the time it was like a death grip. I finally got him to relax and try to swim around with his cousins as long as I had a hold of him. However by the end of the night much to his protest I had him swimming by himself and loving every minute of it. It was a great accomplishment for Raleigh. That was about the end of day 2.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

That is so lucky. My phone pretty much has my life in it, so I would flip if I lost it. Not to mention that a new one is a hundred bucks