Thursday, January 3, 2008

FLORIDA

We recently went to Orlando Florida to visit my brother Dave and his family and of course we all went to Disney World too. It was a blast. We were able to spend a day in each of the different parks and one extra day to go back to anything we wanted to do again. It was so much fun. We had been looking forward to this trip for months and Raleigh couldn’t get enough of me telling him about it. It was interesting because the night before we were leaving Raleigh’s eyes got really red and goopy and we thought we might need a prescription to clear it up so that it wasn’t spreading to the rest of us but of course that didn’t happen until after all the doctor’s offices were closed for the day. I was going to take him to the instacare because I thought they were open but I called there and they were closed too. I was a little stressed out because here it is the night before we are leaving and I can’t get him in to get a prescription. So this is when it is nice to have a doctor in the family. I don’t like to bug my brother with medical issues because other family members do that enough for all of us but I didn’t have any other options and I didn’t want to get to Florida and have problems. So of course my awesome brother “Dr. Mike” had me send him some pictures of Raleigh’s eyes for a diagnosis and he called me in a prescription. Thanks Mike! You’re the best! Well we finally made it off to the airport about 5am the next morning and we were on our way. I was a little nervous about how Raleigh would be on the plane for so long but he was a really good little traveler. We opted not to take Jett with us on this trip as he is a little too small to enjoy any of it so my sister Kim watched him for the entire week we were gone. Thanks Kim! Anyway, so we finally made it to Disney World that night and the next day we set out to enjoy the happiest place on earth

No comments: