Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Man Purse

So Raleigh has been doing and saying some of the funniest things lately. He is totally into boy things such as cars, guns, swords and such but I think he kind of confuses different gender traits. For example lately he has been obsessed with money. He had a bunch of coins in his piggy bank and he dumped them out and put them in a bucket and proceeded to carry it around the house for days. Then one day he got into my closet and found my old camera case and dumped the money in it. He came down the stairs all proud of himself and says "Look mom, now I have a purse just like you." He would carry "his purse" everywhere if I let him. If he sets if down somewhere and can't remember where he has put it he'll say "Mommy, where's my purse?" Then last Sunday at church his sunbeam teacher comes up to me and says she has a really funny story to tell me. She proceeds to tell me that the week before they were going to role play the story of Moses and they were assigning the kids different parts when Raleigh quickly raises his hand and says "I want to be the mom." and then also in class they were talking about colors and he says his favorite color is pink. Just to dispell any questions, no Raleigh does not have any girl toys and no I don't think he is going to have gay issues. He already is taking after his Dad and liking girls at WAY TOO YOUNG of an age but that is a story for another day. I think he just spends so much time with me that he wants to be just like me. Oh how I hope and pray that he will grow out of this before other kids start to make fun of him.
Raleigh with his "man purse" and cars

7 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Just for the record I like the man purse, it makes him original. Plus what's so bad about wanting to be just like his Mommy Mom huh? I think it's endearing!

Kristen said...

I wouldn't make fun of him...Kevin Moody had a man purse with him at church on Sunday..it's the cool thing to do.

Cherish said...

Hey Deb...it's Cherish...I just wanted to say hi and I hope you are enjoying your new house...we miss you!

Bryn said...

I heard that a man "clutch" is totally in!

Van Cott Family said...

how funny! but don't worry- when Mason T. was our sunbeam his fav animal was a butterfly and his fav princess was Arora. I think he even loved purple. It just makes for funny kid stories, especially if you get it on camera. future black mail right!
--Julie VC

Rachel said...

So so funny! I'm relieved really, it makes me feel better about my kids doing similar things. Thanks for dinner the other night, you family is so much fun.